Early Summer Home Maintenance for June
Early Summer Checklist
May < June > July
It´s bright, sunny and the days are long. There´s a lot to do. The kids are out of school and looking for things to do. Your schedule can get complicated with summer school, sports, camp, and other activities. In addition to the annual chores, there´s plenty to do to keep up with a growing garden and yard, as well as everyday maintenance.
Summer clothes and accessories
Home electronics including television, stereos, and radios
Home improvement materials and hardware
Cheese and dairy
|Travel kit for kids|
Going on vacation?
- Snacks and drinks (healthy snacks are just as good as junk and they won´t get wired. Try turkey...the tryptophan might put them to sleep.)
- Finger puppets
- Coloring books, puzzles, crayons, and pencils
- Books and magazines (let them pick)
- Change of clothes
- Pillow and blanket
- Wipes for sticky fingers and quick cleanup
- Order firewood for the fall. Give it the extra summer months to season.
- Check gutters.
- Paint interior or exterior if needed.
- If you haven´t cleaned the freezer recently and used up what you have, now is a good time. That way you can take advantage of the huge array of seasonal produce that will be available for the next few months.
- Buy fresh strawberries and make shortcake from scratch. Top with real whipped cream.
- Make strawberry freezer jam while you´re at it. Eat it in December on waffles.
- Check all recreational equipment and make sure it´s in good repair, especially swimming pools.
- Check hoses on washer, refrigerator, and dishwasher. If they show signs of deterioration, replace them.
- If you have wood decks, check them for signs of wear or deterioration. Repair or replace as needed. If you have nails popping up, consider replacing them with galvanized screws instead.
- Clean and seal decks.
- Check exterior railings and stairs. Repair if they are loose or showing signs of wear.
- Clothes dryer vents should be checked at least once a year to make sure they are clear of any lint buildup that could cause a fire.
- Service furnace or heating system.
- Make sure attic vents work properly. Consider installing a whole house fan.
- Plant more annuals.
May < June > July
For qualified, local professional home improvement specialists, contact Update Renovate