Late Spring Home Maintenance for May
Late Spring Checklist
April < May > June
By May, we´ve started planting and, with luck, have our home´s interior tidied up and organized for the next few months. May is great for spring cleaning, or if you started, but ran short of time, it´s a good time to wrap it up. Memorial weekend at the end of the month is typically a great time to do a couple painting projects as well as some of those fix-up projects around the yard. When you´re done, a barbecue is a dandy way to unwind with family and friends.
Summer clothing and accessories
Spring cleaning supplies
Linens and towels
Auto maintenance supplies and tires
Memorial Day sales on picnic foods like soda, chips, hotdogs, hamburgers
|Summer Car Kit|
Replace your winter car kit this month with the summer version. Keep the following in your car:
- Water, snacks
- Jumper cables
- Plan a garage or tag sale for this May or June. The days are long and lots of people like to hit sales early in the morning.
- Finish spring cleaning projects.
- Mother´s Day. Call your mom, send a card, buy flowers.
- Check gutters, downspouts, and roof for leaks. Schedule roofing repair if needed.
- Check siding for winter damage. Schedule repair.
- If planning to paint exterior, start prep now. Call painter to schedule job.
- Clean fireplace or stove. Call to schedule chimney cleaning. Have chimney repointed if needed.
- Clean around AC compressor.
- Remove storm windows. Inspect for damage, clean, repair, then store.
- Wash windows, then put in screens.
- Clear out debris from under decks or porches.
- Plant annuals. Make a hanging basket with annuals for porch or patio.
- Cut back any trees or branches that are touching the siding or roof.
- If you need pest control, call now and schedule exterminators.
- Clean and repair patio furniture.
- Check any outdoor play equipment for damage, then repair.
April < May > June
Get qualified, professional home improvement services from Update Renovate